Wednesday, July 10, 2013

big boy room

Henry made the transition to a new room (down the hall) with BLUE carpet, new bed, new everything a few weeks ago.  We talked it up around here for quite a while before the big day.  In theory, he was loving the idea of a "big boy room" but I still prepared myself for him NOT being a fan when the day finally came to make the move.  I took the sheets off the crib, got rid of them, and closed the door to his old room.  I told him we had to get that room ready for the new baby now.  He's been absolutely great in his new room, which honestly has been a bit of a shocker to me.  There's only been 2 escapes out of bed, once in the middle of the night when he came sprinting down the hall in a panic (maybe he fell out, not sure??) and the other one the next morning when he came into our room and said "Mama, you forgot to come find me, so I came and found you!"



I've been singing "You Are My Sunshine" to him every night for as long as I can remember.  Thank you Etsy for this canvas print :)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! So big boyish! Love the Etsy print, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I finally get to see your big boy room! It looks like your mama put in lots of effort making it extra special for you. I think my favorite part is the red dresser & nightstand. I'm guessing your favorite is the giant H. :)

    ReplyDelete