Thursday, April 17, 2014

6 months

Lydia - what can I say about Lydia?  She's such a doll and I couldn't ask for a sweeter little baby.  Her smile is something else!  Everywhere we go, multiple people comment on how smiley of little girl she is.  She's got the perma-grin :)  She just goes with the flow, game for anything and everything, really don't complain unless she's hungry or tired.  LOVES watching that silly brother, smiling and giggling at him!  

I just started her on solids the day after she turned 6 months old.  Rice cereal for a few days and avocado tonight.  She squawks and gets mad at me when I stop feeding her, but I'm afraid to give her too much - too fast!  Other than that, she has about 5 good helpings of milk from me each day.  She has 2 little chompers on the bottom.  Dr. Sakkal said at her check-up that her upper gums were quite swollen, so he thought an upper tooth or two would be coming soon.  

She wears size 2 diapers and 6 month or 6-9 month clothing.  Sleeping at night isn't the most consistent yet.  She has given us a few full nights of sleep (~7am-7pm), which has been fabulous, thank you!  Other nights I have to make a quick trip (or a couple) in her room to put that pacifier back in.  If she does wake up, she's been going at least until 4am before needing to eat.  She's a good napper, no complaints there.

Here are her stats from Dr. Sakkal's visit the other day.  He said "God Bless this healthy baby" many times over during out visit and ended it with, "What a picture perfect examination!"  Oh, we love him :)
weight:  15# 9 oz (just shy of 50th %ile)
length: 25 1/4" (~25th %ile)
head circumference:  17" (~70th %ile) (big brains, huh?!)


2 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Lydia, we do need you and Ian to meet again…you two are one in the same! And although I wish you were sleeping through the night for your mommy and daddy, it makes me feel a little bit better that Ian is in good company! And that Dr. Sakkal, he is a gem! We love him too! P.S. Ian also had avocados for the first time tonight too! I think you two were meant for each other!

    ReplyDelete