Tuesday, March 17, 2015

NoDak tour

Henry was on Spring Break from preschool last week, so the kids and I decided to make a trip up to NoDak to visit.  
We headed over the Bismarck one day.  At our first stop, we spotted a huge jackrabbit right outside of my Grandma's nursing home, just hopping away along the rocks.  Henry was convinced that it was the Easter bunny!  Well, when we got to my aunt Jackie's house, and she had special Easter basket deliveries right from the Easter bunny himself, he couldn't have been more excited!  After playing outside with bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles all afternoon at my aunt Jackie's house, we visited the shop at my uncle John's trucking company, Roughrider Transportation in Mandan.  Henry had the time of his life - sitting in, riding in, and even driving a few of the vehicles.  The boy was grinning from ear to ear :) 



Uncle John even took him out on the road - the boy was pumped!

My Grandma was able to come over to my aunt Jo's house for dinner that night.  She HATED when I was trying to take a picture of her, but I snuck this one in and she looks great!

The weather was fantastic when we were there.  I got to get in a couple runs up to the dam.  Here's my sunset pic :)

While in Jamestown, we hit up all the hot spots!  I haven't been to the Alfred Dickey Public Library in years, and was VERY excited to see that the reading nook in the children's section, also known as the bathtub, lives on!  

Lydia took a huge tumble, face-first into the concrete, right after visiting the buffalo.  Poor thing, all scratched up, bloody nose and all.  

Henry got to go to the YMCA with my dad each morning, and said that was the highlight of the whole trip!  

It was one wild and crazy spring break, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment