Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Baptism

Lydia was baptized this past Sunday by Deacon Tom Konkel at our church, St. Joseph of the Lakes Catholic Church, in Lino Lakes.  It was held after mass with 5 other families also getting their children baptized.  She was quiet and content as the holy water was being poured over her head.  As soon as the Deacon finished his "I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.....Amen" she let out a big smile - very cute!

She wore my baptismal gown from 32 years ago, complete with some pink slippers that used to be mine (and/or my sisters?) as well.  I had to jazz up the gown somehow, right?!

Here is her Godmother, auntie Sarah, lighting her candle for her.  Her Godfather, uncle Matthias, was with us in spirit all the way over in Switzerland :) 



Grandma & Grandpa Olin

Oma & Opa with their 4 grandchildren - Henry (3 1/2 years), Lydia (3 months), Gabriel (5 months), Greta (3 1/2 years)

After church, we had our families over to our house for lunch.  Sonja gave me the idea of ordering the cupcakes from Nadia's Cakes, and they didn't disappoint!

Of course, these two crazy kids had a blast playing with each other :)
It was a beautiful day outside, sunny and 35*.  I'm so happy I'll have nice memories of this special day! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lydia, what a beautiful celebration! We love you, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete