Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Break

No Spring Break trips to Cancun for this little guy quite yet, ha!  We had a few fun outings this week without any school going on.  

On Tuesday, we went bowling at the Brunswick Zone here in Blaine.  The development we live in, The Lakes, was hosting an event there for us.  Lydia even got in on the action, pushing her pretty pink ball down the lane! 

Henry used the ramp one time and then had enough of that when he saw another little boy not using it.  He was pushing his bright green ball gently down the lane for a few frames and then wanted his ball to "go faster" like Mom & Dad's (and that same little boy next to us).  So, he was pretty much running up and chucking his ball down there (and giving me a slight heart attack, as well), but he had a BLAST doing it (and that's what it's all about, right?), coming back to us for a double-high-5 every time and asking, "Did I win?  I winned, I winned!"  He didn't want to leave after just one game.

Henry's never really been a fan of band-aids, in fact, I think he may have been a little scared of them, thinking they would hurt to put on?  Well, that sure has changed.  I cut my finger one day and needed to go upstairs to get a band-aid, which he helped me pick out, Cars!  I went off to Lydia's room to feed her and Henry was being awfully quiet in my bathroom.  He comes running into her room later, in tears, because he ran out of Cars band-aids and still had "4 more owies to make feel better."  

Lydia made her first trip to Como Zoo this week.  On Thursday, it was sunny and in the 40s already in the morning, so I bundled her up, put her in the stroller like a big girl (no car seat), so she could get a full view of the animals.  She had to get her picture with the baby seal.....  

.....just like Henry did when he was 7 months old!  He told me his favorite animal this time around was the gorilla.  He has a love/scared relationship with that gorilla.  He really, really wants to love him, but doesn't want to get all that close to him when we actually get up there to see him!

This morning, Henry and I went to Tots Yoga together at Blooma.  The other kids in class were named Beatrice, Betsy, and Sergio :)  Yes, the poor boy has to use my bright pink yoga mat.  He can do one heck of a down-dog yoga pose :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment