Wednesday, May 28, 2014

last day of school

Henry had his last day of Preschool this week.  Poor kid was super bummed about it.  Obviously he didn't really understand why school was over, and I get that.  Phil and I are so happy that he's bummed about it, actually, because that just shows how much he enjoys it, which is a great thing.  I told his teacher that he was truly excited to go to school every single day this year.  I put in a request that she be his teacher again next year.  I figure, if he's that pumped for school, why not keep the momentum going?!  

One of their final projects were these Pete the Cat t-shirts they got to make.  I was "the teacher's helper" as Henry called it that day they were making them, so I had my work cut out for me.  Henry would ask me numerous times throughout the year if I could be "the teacher's helper" in school that day as I would be driving him there.  I know the day will soon come when he'll be embarrassed of me always being around, so I sure loved getting to help out in his class this year! 



Here he is with Ms. Stacie and Ms. Sara.

Flashback to Preschool orientation with his teachers 9 months ago.  He looks so little here!

They had a little open house with ice cream for his last day of school.  I snapped a few pics of him with his buddies.  Speaking of "buddies,"  Henry calls his teachers his buddies, also - too cute.  This is Natae, poor guy broke this arm this weekend at the park.

Here is AJ.  He lives near us, so these two will be seeing each other this summer.  AJ was Henry's inspiration to start riding his big boy bike.  One day this Spring we had planned to go on a walk/bike ride with AJ and his mom.  Well, AJ shows up with a 2-wheeled big boy bike and Henry was on his balance bike (which he wasn't the biggest fan of, at first).  That's the day we made our sticker chart - 30 days of practicing on the balance bike - and now Henry's riding his big boy bike too!  

This is Nolan, a fellow Lego lover.  Nolan is quite a bit older than Henry.  Nolan will be going to Kindergarten this fall.  Henry sure did look up to Nolan, thought he was the "coolest kid in the class!"  

Ms. Stacie and Ms. Sara have told me many times that Henry is just the sweetest little boy in class and plays with absolutely everybody, which makes me so happy to hear that (as he's not always so sweet and innocent at home with me, ha).  They've said they appreciate his "love for learning and love for his classmates!"

See ya next fall!  

No comments:

Post a Comment