Tuesday, February 18, 2014

4 months

Little sister (as Henry and I refer to her too often during the day) is 4 months old already?!  

Unprompted and out of the blue one day,  Henry says, "I just love my baby sister.....as much as I love hot dogs.....and cheeseburgers!"  
Here are a couple of my other favorite quotes from that special big brother:
"You're just as cute as a little berry!"  
"Sweetie, you're just getting SOOOO big!"  

Her 3-6 months clothing is getting pretty small for her, and she's mostly in 6 month clothes now.  Size 2 diapers.  Still eating 5-7 times/24 hours.  

I'm definitely noticing more hand control with her toys now - reaching for them and bringing them to her mouth.  She's getting a little drooly too, or as Henry calls it - "she's dripping!" 

She's developed a lovely (and quite loud, for that matter) squawk, which I remember Henry doing as well.  Gotta love testing out those vocal cords, right?!  I love how her eyes light up when she does it, like she's saying, "Hey, do you guys hear this?  This is awesome!"  Well, they must get their loud talking from their Mother!

I think her night-time sleeping habits may have gotten worse over the last month :(  She's pretty much in bed by 7:30pm every night and she used to last until 3, 4, or even 5am at times, before needing to eat.  It seems like lately, she's been up around 1-2am instead, boo.  I'm ready for more sleep!!  She takes 2-3 naps each day and when she's not napping, she's as content as can be still :)  (as I write this a few days after her 4-month birthday, I've started giving her a pacifier at night and it's making a huge difference = more sleep for Mama, yessss, let's hope it continues)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - so great to read this! We are in the same exact boat!! Lauren's sleep patterns were regressing a few weeks ago but she seems better this week and is now making it to 5/5:30am again! I feel like she should be sleeping later than that, but I think I'm just putting too much pressure on myself. Makes me feel better that you guys are in the same boat!!

    ReplyDelete